Welcome to Central Lancaster High School`s Moodle site
To access Central Lancaster High Schools Virtual Learning Environment click on the Moodle Icon below
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a course management system software package designed to help educators create effective online learning communities
Moodle can also be called a 'Virtual Learning Environment' (VLE) or 'Learning Platform'. It provides a range of functionality covering content creation and delivery, communication and collaboration and management, including tracking and assessment tools.
Here are some of the key 'building blocks' of Moodle:
- Assignments - for managing homework including the ability for pupils to download/upload homework and for teachers to mark it online
- Resource links - to webpages and files to help teachers build topics or courses or units of work
- Forums and chat for interactive discussion of ideas and concepts
- Quizzes and choices
- Content - commercial content can be uploaded (SCORM packages)
- Comprehensive monitoring of all activity